Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Try Joseph's story on for size. Here's a guy who had thugs for brothers, was unjustly imprisoned for years...but became a national leader despite it all. This 10-step journey through the life and times of Joseph reveals that when things get tough, God comes close.
As you discover this action-packed story (plus some relevant biblical history), you'll learn what it takes to hold on to your God-given gifts and dreams. Who knows, maybe Joseph's advice can even help you conquer that next exam.
Vendor: Tyndale House
- This personal devotional series is an accessible, in-depth Bible study for teens. Though written by a seminary president, the big ideas are presented in a teen-friendly, transformational format centered on knowing who God is and how to relate to Him.
- Emphasizes personal application and the challenge to be intentional about reaching spiritual maturity.
- Fun facts about Bible history and culture.
- Based on the power of storydevotional teaching thats more like Jesus, rather than a textbook.
- Contains fun things like Top 10 lists and other sidebar extras.
- Apologetics emphasis builds on the truths in Stand and Stand Strong in College.
Julieanne MillerOregonAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5February 3, 2010Julieanne MillerOregonAge: 35-44Gender: femaleI'm often a bit wary about teen devotionals. I have always felt that teens should consider themselves as "young adults", and they shouldn't be babied along in their faith, unless they are brand new followers of Jesus Christ. This book IS geared to teenagers, most noticeable by its unusual size and shape: a long, narrow rectangle. But while the language in this book is angled toward teens ("young adults"), it isn't insulting to them or to adults who may desire to read this book and worship with it. I found the introduction to the book to "hook" me and cause me to want to read more about what Alex McFarland, the author, discovered from the book of Genesis. This particular book is a "discovery of Genesis 37-47", according to the front cover of the book. Some fast facts and a summary of Genesis are provided, and then the author jumps in to the life of Joseph in Egypt, also including a timeline of Joseph's life. If a teen or adult is not familiar with this true account of Joseph's life, he will find this telling to be very realistic, honest, and life changing. Alex McFarland covers key topics from Genesis that will appeal to all young adults and adults.This book ends with an excellent chapter on "Forty Parallels Between Joseph and Jesus", and then a "Genesis Reading Guide". I like the specifics in each chapter, and the method of writing will cause anyone to think, no matter what their spiritual background may be. If you have a son or daughter in middle school or high school, and he or she is not very keen on sitting down and reading the Bible on his own, this would be a great little book to help them focus on the truths of the Bible. In our family, we will probably use this as a family, so we can all benefit from the readings and the discussions as a family.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Teen Devotionals
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Teen Devotionals
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens