The God we seek: portraits of God in the Old Testament - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Chalice Press
Publication Date: 2011
One word cannot say all that can be said about God. For that reason, God takes on many names and metaphors in the BibleYahweh, Elohim, El, El Elyon, El Olam, El Berith, El Roi, my rock, my shield, my stronghold, my salvation, creator, redeemer, helper, judgeeach name or metaphor painting a different portrait of God. Each metaphor gestated from a communitys experience with God. Thus, some metaphors may paint God as a God filled with wrath and judgment, while others paint a loving God. So, who is God? How do we perceive him and know him and why? The God We Seek examines many of the metaphors found in the Bible and explains the differences between them. It will help you understand the God that was known by people who lived hundreds and thousands of years ago and perhaps to learn from them.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Doctrine of God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Doctrine of God
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship