- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2017
Is your tween prepared for whats ahead?
It used to be that middle school was the time to talk to kids about topics like modesty and body image. Unfortunately, the at-risk demographic for distorted views on the body is now girls ages 810. Fortunately, Dannah Gresh has provided a resource for this need.
Secret Keeper Girl is geared to helping tween girls understand their dignity in Christ. It features a creative self-help text format that includes sidebars, quizzes, games, exploded quotes, and graphics to help them absorb the message.
Heres what author Dannah Gresh has to say about the motivation behind the book: "My past fifteen years of studying at-risk teen and tween behavior has over and over again led me to good news: girls who are exposed to an age-appro­priate, Bible-based understanding of beauty and fashion between the ages of 8-12 tend to be less likely to engage in early sexual activity or have body image issues. They are also more likely to have healthy friendships, excel academically, and become positive social contributors in their com­munities, all while expressing their beauty and value appropriately.
"Its not rocket science. It is social science paired with a whole lot of prayer and Bible study. We can change what tween girls see when they look in the mirror by changing what's inside their hearts."
This is the heart behind Secret Keeper Girl:a desire to teach tween girls how valuable they are and how to honor their God-given dignity. Ultimately, its about grounding girls in their identity in Christ so the tumultuous teen years dont uproot them.
This book pairs with Secret Keeper Girl Mom-Daughter Devos, allowing moms a helpful resource for walking through this formative time with their tween girl.
reliWIAge: 25-34Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5ExcellentNovember 7, 2017reliWIAge: 25-34Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This is a little almost pocket sized book filled with some very helpful information for tweens. It's also got a fun, catchy looking cover as well as pictures and illustrations throughout the book that it make it fun and easy to read. It's been awhile since I've been a tween to know on the reading level, but the words are simple and easy to understand, so I think it is suitable for a young girl.
I think Dannah has hit on some very powerful truths in this book. Modesty isn't about being covered from head to toe as much as it is dressing to glorify God and not draw attention to ourselves. As a Mennonite, we have a style of dress to adhere to, but that doesn't guarantee modesty. I have seen our "modest" dress look much more immodest than someone in a skirt or even pants. There's so much attitude that goes into how we dress and who we seek to portray: God or ourselves.
Dannah offers seven truths to being a Secret Keeper Girl:
1. You are a masterpiece created by God
2. True beauty doesn't come from what's on the outside.
3. True beauty is not about how you look. It's about how you see.
4. God wants nothing we wear to distract people from seeing our true beauty.
5. What we wear becomes sin when it says, "look at me" instead of "look at God."
6. If you love God, you will obey Him in the way you dress.
7. The source of true beauty is a love relationship with Jesus!
Each truth has a chapter that's devoted to further developing and explaining that truth along with Scripture to use as power verses.
There is also a mom-daughter devotional available that goes along with this verse.
I think this would be a great book to give to a tween, though it would be even better to walk through the book with your tween.
I received this book from Moody Publishers in exchange for an honest review.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Personal Care
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Social Skills
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Values
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Character & Social Skills
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Character & Social Skills
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Personal Care
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Social Skills
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Values