Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Take It to Your Seat Centers: Common Core Math, Grades 6 and Up
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Help your sixth graders master key math skills, and provide differentiated math practice through fun, hands-on activities in 12 centers in Evan-Moor's "Take it to Your Seat Centers: Common Core Math 6."
Each self-contained center includes a student direction cover page with activities; you'll just need a small number of classroom supplies such as file folders and small envelopes to put everything together. The easy-to-assemble centers are stored in pocket folders, making them easy to use at a table, desk, or quiet area in the classroom. After a teacher or classroom aide models how to use a center, students can complete the activity independently, in pairs, or with the teacher, who may use the task to informally assess a student's understanding.
Each of the 12 centers includes:
- full-color center mats and task cards
- an overview with lesson objectives
- a student direction page that explains the center activity
- a response form or written practice activity
- a center checklist to record each student's progress
Take It to Your Seat Math Centers have been updated to address the new advanced standards, and provide:
- An increase in the variety and complexity of activities to practice each skill in alignment with Common Core State Standards.
- Leveled tasks within some centers so that tasks progress in difficulty from level 1 to level 2 or Level 3.
- An illustrated math concept or rule for every center to support visual learners and keep the focus on the targeted math concept or skill.
Sixth-grade students will focus on understanding mathematical vocabulary, using place value to round numbers and estimate, solve word problems using ratios and unit rates, understanding percentages as a fraction of 100, multiplying and dividing multi-digit numbers, fractions and decimal fractions, using the standard order of operations to solve multistep equations, algebraic expressions and equations, perimeters and areas of complex figures, using graphs and plots to organize and display statistical data, and more.
160 pages, softcover. Answer keys included. Grade 6+. Aligned to Common Core.
Vendor: Evan-Moor Educational Publishers
Take It to Your Seat Reading and Language Centers, Grades 6 and UpEvan-Moor Educational Publishers / Trade Paperback$21.59 Retail:
$23.99Save 10% ($2.40)
Barron's Common Core Success: Math, Grade 6Barron's Educational Series / 2015 / Trade Paperback$8.49 Retail:
$12.99Save 35% ($4.50)
Daily Math Practice Grade 6Evan-Moor Educational Publishers / Trade Paperback$16.49 Retail:Video
$22.99Save 28% ($6.50)
Common Core Math Task Cards, Grade 6Edupress / 2015 / Other$5.99 Retail:
$9.99Save 40% ($4.00)