Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The Earth Science & Astronomy for the Grammar Stage Teacher Guide includes 36 weeks of lessons plans that includes: a 6-week planet Earth unit, a 6-week weather unit, a 6-week rocks and fossil unit, a 12-week solar system unit, and a 6-week stars and space unit. Based on a classical science education methodology, this manual is designed to give teachers the tools to help elementary students explore biological topics.
Unit overview pages list a books schedule, weekly sequence of study, poems to memorize, supplies needed for the unit, and vocabulary.
Weekly lesson components include:
- A science demonstration (using easy-to-find materials)
- A science-oriented books section (which provides the reading assignments with page numbers and optional additional books)
- Notebooking instructions (narration, lapbooking, and vocabulary) which often involve the student workbook pages
- Multi-week project and activity instructions
- Memorization of vocabulary & basic facts
- Quiz (in student workbook) with quiz answer key
- Two schedules: one 2-days-per-week and one 5-days-per week
The student workbook is sold-separately but necessary, as it contains the pages needed to complete narrations, lab reports, and multi-week projects.
There are required books for this curriculum:
Earth Science Units (Choose one age-appropriate option for each unit.)
Planet Earth (6 weeks)
- Basher Science Planet Earth (Grades 1-2) OR
- Discover Science Planet Earth (Grades 2-4)
Weather (6 weeks)
Note - The Basher Science Planet Earth book is also scheduled for use in the previous unit.
Rocks and Fossils (6 weeks)
Note - This unit will also schedule several pages from the Basher Science Planet Earth book used in the previous unit.
Astronomy Units (Choose one age-appropriate option for each unit.)
The Solar System (12 weeks)
Stars and Space Exploration Tools (6 weeks)
Note - This unit will also schedule the Basher Science Astronomy and DK First Space Encyclopedia from the previous unit.
*As a read-aloud
Scientific Demonstration Books
You will need both books to complete the scientific demonstrations in this program:
214 pages, softcover.
Number of Pages: 214
Vendor: Elemental Science Inc.
Publication Date: 2014
|Dimensions: 10 X 8 (inches)|
Series: Elemental Science Classic
Hands-On Science Themes, Grades 1-3 (Revised Edition)Evan-Moor Educational Publishers / Trade Paperback$17.99 Retail:
$23.99Save 25% ($6.00)
Science for Multiple Intelligences Grades 1-3Harcourt Achieve / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:
$14.99Save 20% ($3.00)