- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Deals & Promotions
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Neck Size▼▲
- Robe Size▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2003
Many believers worry that science undermines the Christian faith. Instead of fearing scientific discovery, Jack Collins believes that Christians should delight in the natural world and study it. God's truth will stand against any challenge and will enrich the very scientific studies that we fear.
Collins first defines faith and science, shows their relation, and explains what claims each has concerning truth. Then he applies the biblical teaching on creation to the topics of "conflict" between faith and science, including the age of the earth, evolution, and miracles. He considers what it means to live in a created world. This book is for anyone looking for a Christian engagement with science without technical jargon.
David G. Richmond5 Stars Out Of 5October 21, 2007David G. RichmondCollins presents a thorough overview of all of the major issues associated with the interplay between science and the Christian faith. Because of its thoroughness, I have found it to be an invaluable reference and no doubt will continue to use it from now on.
Rev. Tobey Brockman5 Stars Out Of 5June 14, 2004Rev. Tobey BrockmanReaders committed to intellectual honesty and the exploration of some of the most important questions of life and the world we live in, will find in Science & Faith the critical realism and intellectual integrity that makes reading and thinking so enjoyable. Dr. Collins, Professor of Old Testament at Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis, Missouri, steers the reader through the critical issues related to the study of God's Word and God's creation, in a thorough yet accessible style. Once begun, a difficult book to put down. But let not your heart be troubled; you will return to it again and again. A must read for those serious about thinking about the world we live in and the God who made it.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview >> God & Science >> Science
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Science
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Science
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Science