- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: David C. Cook
Publication Date: 2010
Young Jeff Morris never quite fit in. As a result, his behavior grew more destructive as he grew older. His parents diligently prayed for his life, all the while wondering, What will save our son? But when Jeff was found dead from a drug overdose, the resulting answers were anything but expected.
Saving a Life tells the intimate story of a family surviving unspeakable tragedy. Reeling from the aftershocks of their sons death, the couple discovers that God is ever faithful, and that Christ is always present.
Click Here to watch an interview with Charles & Janet Morris on The Harvest Show.
Charles and Janet Morris live in Temecula, CA, where Charles is the voice of the national radio program HAVEN Today. Charles spent a number of years in broadcast journalism and was former bureau chief for United Press International. He joined the HAVEN team in 2000. Charles and Janet have also co-authored Jesus in the Midst of Success.
bbudIndianapolis, InAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5such a comfort!February 24, 2012bbudIndianapolis, InAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5The Morris's sharing of the loss of their son was presented so honestly and hopefully. They described so well how the truth of God's Word and the love of others can bring healing balm to devastated, grieving hearts. (Giving credit for their help and healing to the Lord.) As a Mom who has experienced a similar loss, this book brought comfort and healing to my own heart. I have been giving this book to others who also know the heartache of tragic loss. I'm so glad it was written!
mommyMarylandAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5This book was inspiringMarch 18, 2011mommyMarylandAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book was truely sent from Heaven. I have a brother and sister in law that have recently lost their son. The stories are quite similar. It could not have come at a better time. Thanks to the authors for sharing their lives with others.
MaheaAlbuquerque, NMAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5March 15, 2011MaheaAlbuquerque, NMAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5My son died of a heorin overdose at the tender age of 20. I believe that the Lord saved my son. I was convinced of that after my son's death, I was not able to sleep then was lead to reading scripture. The Lord lead me to Romans 5 verses 6-11. ..."For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly...while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us...When we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life...through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement." After reading this book, I was reassured that my son will see Jesus again to live eternally with Him. I also need to share that the night before my son passed away, I was meeting with other ladies and reading the book "The power of the praying parent". The chapter we were reading was Releasing your child into the hands of the Lord. That night I prayed to my Father and released my son into his Hands with no fear for his future. What a promise, what a gift God gave me in that prayer, that my son is with Him. It has been over a year since my son's death and I rejoice in knowing that I will see my son again. He loved the Lord and told me that two weeks before he died. Again, another gift from God to give me hope.
I want to thank the Morris's for writing a book that conveys all the fears and the regrets and the courage to give it all to Jesus.
Carolyn Mueller5 Stars Out Of 5August 14, 2010Carolyn MuellerThis book was very helpful for my friend and for me as I attempted to comfort the loss of her son from an overdose.
Cheryl Thompson5 Stars Out Of 5January 18, 2010Cheryl ThompsonThis book was an excellent resource following the devastating loss of my adult brother. The scripture references and the writers' perspective loosened grief's grip and helped me find the words to verbalize my anguish. A wonderful book which I have also purchased for a dear lady in my church lost her precious grandaughter to a drug overdose. I highly recommend it ... even if the circumstances of the book are different than those you are going through.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Death
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Emotional Healing
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Death/Dying
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> Comfort in Grief
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Emotional Healing
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational