Add To Cart
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
- Quick facts on each saint
- Angels and the Apostles
- Martyrs, incorruptibles, saints of nobility, and Fathers of the Church
- Saintly popes and Doctors of the Church
- Litanies and novena prayers for the saints
- A listing of patron saints
- A calendar of feast days for the saints
Number of Pages: 384
Vendor: For Dummies
Publication Date: 2010
Series: For Dummies
An in-depth resource that separates fact from myth about the lives of saints
Saints For Dummies offers information on famous saints (both men and women) from the Eastern Orthodox, Protestant, and Catholic traditions. With a historical biography on each saint including information on what they are known for, what they did in life to achieve sainthood, and how readers can pray to them in time of need. This easy-to-understand guide reveals that most saints were very common, ordinary, and imperfect human beings with faults and foibles who overcame their shortcomings to become figures of great spiritual and historical significance. You get a unique glimpse into the lives and the character traits of these righteous men and women, as well as future pending saints.
- Explains which saints are invoked for specific situations
- Rev. John Trigilio and Rev. Kenneth Brighenti are the coauthors of Catholicism For Dummies, Women in the Bible For Dummies and John Paul II For Dummies
Whether you're a scholar or just curious about the topic, Saints For Dummies will have you intrigued and informed from the first page.
Rev. John Trigilio, PhD, ThD, an ordained priest for over 25 years, is a parish priest and retired Navy chaplain. Serving the Church for over 20 years, Rev. Kenneth Brighenti, PhD is a priest for two Catholic parishes and has worked as a hospital chaplain. Together, the Reverends co-host a weekly television program, Crash Course on Catholicism. Fathers Trigilio and Brighenti speak nationally on Catholicism, and they have authored or co-authored numerous books, including the bestselling Catholicism For Dummies.