Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 176
Vendor: Penguin Books
|Dimensions: 5.25 X 8.25 (inches)|
Saint Augustine follows its subject from his youth in fourth-century Africa to his conversion and subsequent development as a theologian. It challenges the widely held misconceptions about Augustines sexual excesses and shows how, in embracing classical philosophy, Augustine managed to enlist "pagan authors" in the defense of Christianity. The result is a biography that makes a spiritual ancestor feel like our contemporary.
"Seldom has this long-familiar figure . . . emerged so fresh and challenging from under so masterful a hand."
--The New York Review of Books
"A brilliant biography . . . Garry Will's agile mind matches the agility of St. Augustine's. He presents his subject with candor and with empathy."
--The New York Times Book Review
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books >> Biography >> Catholic
- Books >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Books >> Catholic >> Biography
- Books >> Catholic >> Church History
- Books >> Catholic >> Saints & Blessed >> Augustine
- Books >> Church History >> Catholic
- Books >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Saints & Notable Figures
- Catholic >> Biography
- Catholic >> Church History
- Catholic >> Saints & Blessed >> Augustine