Add To Cart
Add To Cart
|Title: Sacred Resistance: A Practical Guide to Christian Witness and Dissent|
By: Ginger Gaines-Cirelli
Number of Pages: 128
Vendor: Abingdon Press
|Publication Date: 2018|
Weight: 7 ounces
Stock No: WW856853
In the midst of polarized communities and nations, religious leaders across the theological spectrum are seeking help with how to respond and lead in troubled times. The need for courage to speak out and act is ever-present, because every generation faces a new set of fears and troubles.
Author Ginger Gaines-Cirelli pastors a church in the heart of Washington DC, adjacent to the White House, which actively works to bring justice and help for marginalized communities, refugees and immigrants, and the endangered earth. She inspires and leads this work through preaching and by organizing and developing strong leaders, deeply rooted in a well-developed theological understanding. Pastoral warmth and compassion characterize the recommended practices.
• When Christians see that something is wrong in our nation or community, how and when should we respond?
• When we see multiple instances of 'wrong', how do we choose which ones to address?
• How can pastors and other leaders faithfully take risks without violating relationships with the congregation or denomination?
• What historical, biblical, and theological safety nets can be relied on?
• How can we take care of ourselves and one another, so that our ministries and lives are sustained?