Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
A perfect introduction to non-Shakespeare crazed students, or for those who struggle with the ancient prose, this unique version of Hamlet places the original playside-by-side with an easily understood modern English translation. A synopsis, list of characters, character map and cycle of death lend additional clarity. Discussion questions are included. 221 pages, softcover.
Number of Pages: 240
Vendor: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Publication Date: 2006
|Dimensions: 8.5 X 5.5 (inches)|
Romeo and Juliet - Grade 10Showforth Videos / DVD$11.79 Retail:
$14.95Save 21% ($3.16)
Shakespeare Set Free: Teaching Romeo & Juliet, Macbeth and Midsummer's Night's DreamWilliam ShakespeareSimon & Schuster / 2006 / Trade Paperback$12.99 Retail:
$18.99Save 32% ($6.00)
Romeo and Juliet, Novel Units Student Packet, Grades 9-12William ShakespeareECS Learning Systems, Inc. / Other, N/A$10.99 Retail:
$12.99Save 15% ($2.00)
Than this of Juliet and her Romeo."
Romeo and Juliet is the tragic story of "star-crossed lovers" from feuding families. Complete with a masquerade ball, a duel, a secret marriage, a sleeping potion, and pushy parents, the play packs a lot of action and emotion into five days of passion, romance, duplicity, and tragedy. Now you can end your Shakespearian woes with this modern translation and aids that make understanding the play quick and painless:
- A brief synopsis of the plot and action
- A comprehensive character list that describes the characteristics, motivations, and actions of each major player
- A visual character map that shows the relationships of major characters
- A cycle-of-death graphic that pinpoints the sequence of deaths and includes who dies, how they die, and why
- Reflective questions that help you understand the themes of the play
With Shakespeare on the Double! Romeo and Juliet, you may just fall in love with the Bard.