Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Plumbing the theological depths, Jared Wilson writes with a pastor's eye toward understanding and application as he explains the biblical text with clarity and passion, helping readers follow along as Paul recounts the history of salvation and illuminates the glories of the cross.
- Each study asks penetrating questions that spurs in-depth conversation
- Every passage of Scripture is directly related to the Gospel of Grace
- Follows the rule: Scripture interprets Scripture and treat Scripture as cohesive unity
- Illuminates doctrines in every passage
- Invites discovery and discussion of practical implications
- Embeds God's word in your mind
Number of Pages: 96
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Series: Knowing the Bible
Jared C. Wilson is the director of content strategy at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Missouri, and managing editor of the seminary's website for gospel-centered resources, For the Church. He is a popular author and conference speaker, and also blogs regularly at Gospel Driven Church, hosted by the Gospel Coalition. His books include Your Jesus Is Too Safe, Gospel Wakefulness, Gospel Deeps, The Pastors Justification, The Storytelling God, and The Wonder-Working God.
J. I. Packer (DPhil, Oxford University) serves as the Board of Governors Professor of Theology at Regent College. He is the author of numerous books, including the classic best-seller Knowing God. Packer served as general editor for the English Standard Version Bible and as theological editor for the ESV Study Bible.
Lane T. Dennis is president and publisher of Crossway Books and Good News Tracts. Dr. Dennis earned his BS in business from Northern Illinois University, an MDiv from McCormick Theological Seminary, and a PhD in religion from Northwestern University. Before joining Good News Publishers in 1974, he served as a pastor in campus ministry at the University of Michigan (Sault Ste. Marie) and as the Managing Director of Verlag Grosse Freude in Switzerland. He is the author and/or editor of three books, including the Gold Medallion-award-winning book Letters of Francis A. Schaeffer, and he is the former Chairman of the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association. Dr. Dennis serves as the Chairman of the ESV (English Standard Version) Bible Translation Oversight Committee and as the Executive Editor of the ESV Study Bible. Lane and his wife, Ebeth, live in Wheaton, Illinois.
Dane C. Ortlund (PhD, Wheaton College) is the executive vice president of Bible publishing and Bible publisher at Crossway. He serves as an editor for the Knowing the Bible series and the Short Studies in Biblical Theology series, and is the author of several books, including Edwards on the Christian Life. He lives with his wife, Stacey, and their five children in Wheaton, Illinois.
President Emeritus, Covenant Theological Seminary
Mark Twain may have smiled when he wrote to a friend, "I didnt have time to write you a short letter, so I wrote you a long letter." But the truth of Twains remakr remains serious and universal, because well-reasoned, compact writing requires extra time and extra hard work. And this is what we have in the Crossway Bible study series Knowing the Bibleas the skilled authors and notable editors provide the contours of each book of the Bible as well as the grand theological themes that bind them together as one Book. Here, in a 12-week format, are carefully wrought studies that will ignite the mind and the heart.
-R. Kent Hughes,
Author, Disciplines of a Godly Man; Senior Pastor Emeritus, College Church, Wheaton, Illinois
Knowing the Bible brings together a gifted team of Bible teachers to produce a high quality series of study guide. The coordinated focus of these materials is unique: biblical content, provocative questions, systematic theology, practical application, and the gospel story of Gods grace presented all the way through Scripture.
-Philip Graham Ryken,
President, Wheaton College
These Knowing the Bible volumes introduce a significant and very welcome variation on the general run of inductive Bible studies. Such series often provide questions with little guidance, leaving students to their own devices. They thus tend to overlook the role of teaching in the church. By contrast, Knowing the Bible avoids the problem by providing substantial instruction with the questions. Knowing the Bible then goes even further by showing how any given passage connects with the gospel, the whole Bible, and Christian theology. I heartily endorse this orientation of individual books to the whole Bible and the gospel, and I applaud the demonstration that sound theology was not something invented later by Christians, but is right there in the pages of Scripture.
Visiting lecturer in Hermeneutics, Moore Theological College; author, Preaching the Whole Bible as Christian Scripture
What a gift to earnest, Bible-loving, Bible-searching believers! The organization and structure of the Bible study format presented through the Knowing the Bible series is so well conceived. Students of the Word are led to understand the content of passages through perceptive, guided questions, and they are given rich insights and application all along the way in the brief but illuminating sections that conclude each study. What potential growth in depth and breadth of understanding these studies offer. One can only pray that vast numbers of believers will discover more of God and the beauty of his Word through these rich studies.
-Bruce A. Ware,
Professor of Christian Theology, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
Knowing the Bible Series▼▲
- Reflection questions designed to help readers engage the text at a deeper level
- "Gospel Glimpses" highlighting the gospel of grace throughout the book
- "Whole-Bible Connections" showing how any given passage connects to the Bible's overarching story of redemption culminating in Christ
- "Theological Soundings" identifying how historic orthodox doctrines are taught or reinforced throughout Scripture. With contributions from a wide array of influential pastors and church leaders, these gospel-centered studies will help Christians see and cherish the message of God's grace on each and every page of the Bible.
- Includes reflection questions and space for writing a response
- Identifies the central place of the gospel of grace that culminates in the person and work of Jesus Christ in every book of the Bible
- Highlights whole-Bible themes passage by passage, helping readers see and understand the overarching storyline of the Bible
- Benefits from the scholarly oversight of J.I. Packer, who serves as theological editor of the series
- Part of an ongoing series of accessible and interactive 12-week studies covering each book of the Bible