Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- US States▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 384
Vendor: For Dummies
Publication Date: 2012
Series: For Dummies
Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th EditionHenry M. Robert III, William J. EvansDa Capo Press / 2011 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:
$18.95Save 42% ($7.96)
If you belong to any type of organization—from school board to garden club to bowling league to trade association—chances are this book can save you many boring meeting minutes. This friendly guide translates Robert's Rules of Order, the essential guide for conducting meetings of all types, into principles you can understand and apply the next time "Billy Bully" tries to dominate the discussion or "Debbie Dictator" issues another edict.
If you've ever been frustrated at the way condominium association business was (or wasn't) conducted or fidgeted while PTA members debated whether to have goldfish or pencils as prizes for the elementary school carnival, this is the book for you. Written by a Professional Registered Parliamentarian, it covers everything from the basics of bylaws that establish the real framework of your organization to the requirements for a legal meeting, from how to use an agenda to plan your next meeting and keep things on track to voting procedure and putting ideas into motion—and so much more.
- This new edition is published in response to the revised 11th edition of Robert's Rules of Order
- Techniques for following parliamentary procedures to effectively manage meetings of any size
- Helps you stay current with the latest updates to the rules of order and parliamentary procedure
Complete with a glossary of parliamentary terms and sample agendas, reports, and minutes, this guide has everything you need but a gavel. Whether you belong to an elite country club or a civic organization, an investment club or a volunteer fire department, when you use the principles in this book, meetings won't be dominated by the loudest or pushiest member or go on and on and on and on and on . . .
C. Alan Jennings holds a Professional Registered Parliamentarian (PRP) credential from the National Association of Parliamentarians. He is a past president of the Louisiana Association of Parliamentarians, and is a member of the American Institute of Parliamentarians.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Administration >> Additional Resources
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Administration >> Additional Resources
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books >> Non-Fiction
- Last Chance Bargains >> Church & Pastoral
- Last Chance Bargains >> Non-Fiction
- Non-Fiction >> Reference Works >> Specialized References