Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 256
Publication Date: 2003
|Dimensions: 8 X 5.31 (inches)|
The Body and the Blood: The Middle East's Vanishing Christians and the Possibility for PeaceCharles M. SennottRunning Press / 2003 / Trade Paperback$18.90 Retail:
$21.00Save 10% ($2.10)
Where did Christianity come from?
Acclaimed author Gregory Riley embarks on a remarkable journey in this readable and persuasive account of the origins of Christianity. Riley demonstrates that early Christians held widely differing beliefs about God, Jesus, the Devil, and the human soul, and follows these beliefs back to their sources in Greek science and philosophy and the religions of the ancient Middle East. An expert on the context in which Christianity arose, Riley maps out a new understanding of the forging of Christianity, and conveys a vital message for today about the true nature of Christian faith as inherently diverse.
Gregory Riley, Ph.D., educated at Harvard University, is professor of NewTestament and Early Christianity at the Claremont School of Theology in California and the author of the acclaimed One Jesus, Many Christs.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Academic >> Church History >> Backgrounds of Early Christianity
- Academic >> Church History >> Church History Surveys
- Academic >> Church History >> World Religions & Interreligious Relations
- Books >> Church History >> Backgrounds of Early Christianity
- Books >> Church History >> Church History Surveys
- Books >> Church History >> World Religions & Interreligious Relations