Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Mom I Want to Be, The: Rising Above Your Past to Give Your Kids a Great Future - eBook|
By: T. Suzanne Eller
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
|Publication Date: 2006|
Stock No: WW34748EB
A woman's experience as a mother is influenced by the
mothering she received as a child. If neglect was a part of that upbringing,
the woman who holds a newborn and faces the responsibility of parenting needs a
healthy vision of motherhood.
T. Suzanne Eller compassionately discusses how a woman can
turn from a painful past and embrace a godly example of motherhood. She shares
- how shattered legacies can be put back together
- the path to restoring the broken image of motherhood
- ways to let go and embrace a new story
This is a celebration of God's healing power and how all
women can become the mom they want to be.
Sent to grade school with an Im a Stupid Girl placard, Eller describes her mom as a stained-glass portrait with cracks running deep. She urges the reader who has a broken past to confront it. Then, with renewed strength from God, it is possible to break down the old barriers and move ahead. Not only is Suzanne involved in the lives of her three young adult children, but she ministers to teens and young adults, weaving in her story of Gods power to triumph over tragedy. To engage the reader in the healing process, Eller includes personal inventory questions at the end of each chapter.
Throughout the book, the author emphasizes that each person is much more than his or her past. Im not just a woman who had a chaotic family, Eller writes. Im a woman of faith. Its also difficult, she admits, to forgive; yet, instead of wedging herself into a dungeon of bitterness, Eller holds out for discovering new opportunities to constructively shape her childrens lives. Ellers mother admonishes the reader as well: Dont waste one more day living in the past.
With the intention of helping moms avoid pitfalls of their pasts, Suzanne Eller keeps a watchful eye on dealing with her pain while choosing to go forward. The passion you once devoted to nurturing resentment will be released for better things. If you are in the midst of changing diapers, or any other stage of parenting, yet youve put off dealing with the defeat of a dismal past, I recommend that you add this book to your next shopping list. Cheryl A. Cecil, Christian Book Previews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Motherhood
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Family >> Motherhood
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Motherhood
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues