- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Buy in Bulk
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Central America
- Middle East
- National Parks
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- South America
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2011
from the Foreword by Daniel G. Amen, MD
Author and speaker for the PBS special Change Your Brain, Change Your Life
What does your brain have to do with experiencing joy?
A lot more than most of us realize.
In this breakthrough book, Dr. Earl Henslin reveals how the study of brain imaging turned his practice of psychotherapy upside downwith remarkably positive results.
He shares answers to puzzling questions, such as
- Why isnt my faith in God enough to erase my blue moods?
- Why havent I been able to conquer my anger? Pray away my fear and worry?
- Why cant I find freedom from secret obsessions and addictions?
Read this practical, easy-to-understand, and often entertaining book, and youll know exactly how to nourish your mind, balance your brain, and help others do the same. After all, the capacity for joy is a terrible thing to waste.
Dr. Earl Henslin is a licensed counselor and author of six books and numerous professional articles. For the past fourteen years, working closely with brain imaging research pioneer, Dr. Daniel Amen, Dr. Henslin has been integrating brain imaging in patient treatment.
Kathleen Fuller3 Stars Out Of 5A little too technical, but interesting.July 8, 2011Kathleen FullerQuality: 3Value: 4Meets Expectations: 3I honestly had difficulty getting through this book. I'm not sure why. I don't think it was the subject matter as much as it was a little too technical for me because I have limited reading time. For someone else it would probably be a breeze to read. It was fascinating to read about how the brain works. I'm a little familiar with Dr. Amen's work from seeing him on TV. But I didn't leave this book feeling like my brain was on joy. I give it 3 stars, with the caveat that if you have the time to devote to a book that's a little more technical than most self-help books (at least the ones I've read) you might enjoy it and find it useful.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational