Soul Revolution: How Imperfect People Become All God Intended - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2008
Youve heard it all before. The promises for a better life get tiresome after awhile, because you know they dont deliver. However, they do touch on a profound and inescapable truth. You were created to live your life out of a rewarding, richly textured relationship with God and othersand deep down, you long to experience that kind of life. But how?Are you willing to devote sixty days to finding out?Soul Revolution may be one of the most important books youll ever read. In it, author and pastor John Burke guides you on a journey of experiential discovery. Called the 60-60 Experiment, it has already made a profound impact on thousands who have discovered what it means to actually do life with God.
John Burke and his wife, Kathy, founded Gateway Church in Austin, Texas, in 1998. Since then, Gateway has grown to over 3,000 people, 70 percent of whom are in their twenties and thirties, and consists mostly of unchurched people who began actively following Christ at Gateway. Burke is also the author of No Perfect People Allowed: Creating a Come-as-You-Are Culture in the Church.
Burke, founder of Gateway Church in Austin, Tex., and author of No Perfect People Allowed, asks powerful questions in his second book: What drives us to strive so hard? What are we really after? What do we long for? Burke believes our deepest longings are fulfilled through relationships with God and others, and he provides a way to create those relationships through a 60-day experiment in faith. He says that willingness is the key to staying connected to God at least once every 60 minutes for 60 days. His book offers a roadmap for the 60-60 Experiment through loving God, loving people, building character and demonstrating God's love to the world. Burke uses Bible texts and real-life examples liberally, as well as action steps with each chapter to make principles personal. He encourages accountability, yet eschews traditional groups that encourage participants to try harder because we can never become all that God intends just by trying harder. Connecting to God creates genuine change, he says. This is a thorough, well-written and challenging book. (Oct.)Copyright 2008 Reed Business Information.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Prayer
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Prayer
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Prayer
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Prayer
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality