We can know God on a first name basis. When we pray, we call him "Father." But what are God's other names---and what do they reveal about him? Digging into Scripture, Baker offers a multifaceted profile of God as Creator, Provider, Healer, Watcher, Protector, Guide, Savior, and King to deepen your understanding of who he was yesterday, is today, and will be forever. 144 pages, softcover from Standard. A great adult companion to Standard Publishing VBS.
Even though God is beyond our full comprehension, we can know his nature and character. Digging into his Word and seeking to know him day by day will make for one amazing journeywith a new treasure to discover in every encounter.
God knows you and calls you by name. And yes, its possible for you to know Godon a first-name basis.
Each of the 8 chapters:
• Focuses on Gods nature and attributes as illustrated by one of his personal names/descriptions found in the Old Testament.
• Provides insight into how the particular aspect of God relates to faith and daily life.
• Provides "First-Name Basis" discussion questions for individual or group study.
• Concludes with suggestions for "Getting Acquainted with" Godfurther study, activities, or projects that relate to the description of God discussed in the chapter.
• Ideal for home small groups, adult Bible fellowships, Sunday school classes, and book clubs
Mike Baker is the senior pastor at Eastview Christian Church in Normal, Illinois. A graduate of Johnson University, he is the author of How Teens Do Church, Counsel Fit for a King, and Freedom in Christ. Mike loves preaching, writing, running, sports, and hanging out with friends. He and his wife, Sara, have two grown sons, Michael and Caleb.