- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2010
When you touch your spouseÆs deepest need, something good almost always happens!
Based on three decades of counseling and research, Dr. Emerson Eggerichs leads couples through the intricacies of a marriage built on Love and Respect. He explores the differences in men and women and how a husbandÆs need for respect can be balanced by a wifeÆs need for love. When these needs are mutually recognized and made a priority, a fulfilling and meaningful marriage will be the inevitable result.
Love and Respect for a Lifetime makes the ideal gift:
- ItÆs all color, photo-filled design makes it inviting for couples to look at together.
- It is a compilation of Dr. Eggerichs best Love & Respect tips: a quick and easy read that proves enticing to a spouse that might be apprehensive of working through an entire study or book.
- ItÆs engaging message validates the core needs of each spouse and gives a message of hope, encouragement and practical time-tested solutions for every marriage rather than focusing on placing blame or judging.
- ItÆs ideal as a gift for dating or engaged couples, as well as a wedding or anniversary gift. ItÆs elegant design invites the recipients to open, read it together and leave out as a display for others to take a closer look at what it means to love her and to respect him.
As a researcher, Dr. Emerson Eggerichs, who has a PhD in child and family ecology from Michigan State University, garnered the testimonies of thousands of mothers following the release of his New York Times Bestseller, Love & Respect. These moms consistently reported they applied the respect side of the message to their sons with significant effects. Emerson and his wife, Sarah, present the Love and Respect Marriage and Parenting Conferences across the country. Emerson has also spoken to groups from the NFL, NBA, PGA, Navy Seals, and members of congress. He was the senior pastor of Trinity Church in East Lansing, MI for almost twenty years. He and Sarah have been married since 1973 and have three adult children. Emerson also has a BA in Biblical Studies from Wheaton College, an MA in communication from Wheaton College Graduate School, and an MDiv from the University of Dubuque Theological Seminary.
Big Dave2 Stars Out Of 5Don't be Fooled - this is not the real bookMarch 16, 2015Big DaveQuality: 5Value: 3Meets Expectations: 1I purchased this expecting to get the actual book "Love & Respect". It was not obvious that this was actually a little book with little daily readings. I see from reading other comments that I was not the first one to be fooled. I'm sure that it wasn't intentional but the people who write the descriptions and headings should make it very clear that THIS IS NOT THE BOOK.
Lauren1 Stars Out Of 5Not what I expectedAugust 13, 2014LaurenQuality: 2Value: 2Meets Expectations: 1When I purchased this I expected to get the full Love and Respect Book. This E-book includes short paragraphs from the full book. I wish I would have read the entire description and understood it better. I wasted my money.
JennyBryant, ARAge: 18-24Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5This book changed my marriage for the better!January 21, 2014JennyBryant, ARAge: 18-24Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book is one of the first marriage books I ever read. We went through a difficult time after we first got married and I was thinking some "worldly" thoughts of how to handle our problems. I decided to read this marriage book that my sister had given me as a wedding gift. It truly changed how I thought, what I did, how I reacted and overall it changed our marriage for the better. I highly recommend this book if you are looking to improve your marriage, who knows it might completely change your life like it did for me and my husband.
AllieAge: 35-44Gender: female1 Stars Out Of 5extremely sexistSeptember 7, 2012AllieAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 1Value: 1Meets Expectations: 1i have to say that i am a believer in the order of the home as represented in the bible. i also have to say that this book is so backwards it isn't even funny. EVERYTHING is the wife's fault. nothing is the husband's fault, and if it is, it ends up being the wife's fault after all. when it comes to sex, his views are borderline abusive. as a sex abuse victim myself, i find it very hard to swallow that my 'job' is pretty much nothing more than to keep my husband sexually satisfied. because of course, if i don't, he will cheat and it will be my fault. obviously, the author has no education or experience with women of abuse or he would not put such a heavy burden on them. i have a very hard time seeing this book as 'biblical'. that is kind of worrisome to me. i guess anyone can write whatever they want under a 'christian' banner.
H Dyck4 Stars Out Of 5May 8, 2012H DyckQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 3The book was good but it was not what I expected. I expected it to be more reading material.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Love & Romance
- Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Marriage
- eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Love & Romance
- eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Marriage
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues