- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2013
Children need love. Parents need respect.
It is as simple and complex as that!
When frustrated with an unresponsive child, a parent doesnt declare, You dont love me. Instead the parent asserts, You are being disrespectful right now. A parent needs to feel respected, especially during conflicts. When upset a child does not whine, You dont respect me. Instead, a child pouts, You dont love me. A child needs to feel loved, especially during disputes.
But heres the rub: An unloved child (or teen) negatively reacts in a way that feels disrespectful to a parent. A disrespected parent negatively reacts in a way that feels unloving to the child. This dynamic gives birth to the FAMILY CRAZY CYCLE.
So how is one to break out of this cycle? Best-selling author Emerson Eggerichs has studied the family dynamic for more than 30 years, having his Ph.D. in Child and Family Ecology. As a senior pastor for nearly two decades, Eggerichs builds on a foundation of strong biblical principles, walking the reader through an entirely new way to approach the family dynamic. For instance, God reveals ways to defuse the craziness with our children from preschooler to teen, plus how to motivate them to obey and how to deal with them when they dont. In the Bible, God has spoken specifically to parents on how to parent. This book is about that revelation.
Emerson Eggerichs, PhD, is an internationally known communication expert and author of the New York Times bestseller Love & Respect. Just as Dr. Eggerichs transformed millions of marital relationships with a biblical understanding of love and respect, he also turned these principles to one of the most important relationships of all in Mother & Son: The Respect Effect. As a communication expert, Emerson has also spoken to groups such as the NFL, NBA, PGA, US Navy SEALs and members of Congress. He was the senior pastor of Trinity Church in East Lansing, Michigan for almost twenty years. Emerson holds a PhD in child and family ecology from Michigan State University, a BA in Biblical Studies from Wheaton College, an MA in communications from Wheaton College Graduate School, and an MDiv from the University of Dubuque Theological Seminary. He and his wife Sarah have been married since 1973 and have three adult children.
This book teaches you to:▼▲
- See love and respect as basic family needs
- Stop the Family Crazy Cycle of conflict
- Parent in six biblical ways that energize your children
- Discipline defiance and overlook childishness
- Be the mature one since parenting is for adults only
- Work as a team, according to the gender of each child
- Become a loving parent in God's eyes, regardless of a child's response
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Child Development
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Children's Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Child Development
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Children's Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting