Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
A wise and witty road map for exploring life's big questions.
Why are we here? How should we live? What happens after we die? Why does evil exist? This lively and informative reference explains how the world's great religions answer these questions and shows how religious beliefs and rituals give meaning to life and help us cope with conflict, adversity, marriage, and much more!
The Dummies Way:
- Explanations in plain English
- "Get in, get out" information
- Icons and other navigational aids
- Tear-out cheat sheet
- Top ten lists
- A dash of humor and fun
Number of Pages: 432
Publication Date: 2002
|Dimensions: 9.5 X 7.5 (inches)|
Series: For Dummies
How should we live?
What happens after we die?
Why does evil exist?
Religion For Dummies explains how the world’s greatreligions answer questions that persist through generations.Authors Rabbi Marc Gellman and Monsignor Thomas Hartman are trustedreligious advisors known as the God Squad. With wonderful wit andincredible wisdom, they host a daily talk show which reaches nearly4 million homes in the New York area, and have appeared on numerousTV and radio shows.
This book is not a scholarly theological treatise; it’s alively, practical, hands-on resource that will help you betterunderstand your own religion and others. You’ll explore:
- Religion's role in the family and in the workplace
- The beliefs and practices of Christianity, Judaism, Islam, andother religions
- Religion's impact during major passages in life such as birth,death, and marriage
- How to join a religion and how to pray
- How religion can help you deal with issues in every day lifesuch as conflict, adversity, marriage, divorce, and more
- Religious rituals and ethics
Religion for Dummies touches on lesser-known religions(such as, Zoroastrianism, Jainism, Sikhism). It explores how peopleof various faiths pray, celebrate life and death, and view moralissues. The book does not tell you what to believe, but ratherencourages you to live as you believe and let your religion infuseevery aspect of your life. It doesn’t give simple answers tohaunting, complex questions; it helps you find your own answers andpursue your own spiritual path!