Handbook of Religion: A Christian Engagement with Traditions, Teachings, and Practices - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Academic
Publication Date: 2014
This comprehensive handbook provides a Christian perspective on religion and its many manifestations around the world. Written by top religion scholars from a broad spectrum of Christianity, it introduces world religions, indigenous religious traditions, and new religious movements. Articles explore the relationship of other religions to Christianity, providing historical perspective on past encounters and highlighting current issues. The book also contains articles by adherents of non-Christian religions, offering readers an insider's perspective on various religions and their encounters with Christianity. Maps, timelines, and sidebars are included.
Terry C. Muck (PhD, Northwestern University), now retired, served as executive director of the Louisville Institute in Louisville, Kentucky, a center supporting research and leadership education on American religion. Harold A. Netland (PhD, Claremont Graduate University) is director of the PhD in Intercultural Studies program and professor of philosophy of religion and intercultural studies at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois. Gerald R. McDermott (PhD, University of Iowa) is Anglican Chair of Divinity/History and Doctrine at Beeson Divinity School, Samford University, in Birmingham, Alabama.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions >> Christian Denominations
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions >> Christian Denominations
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions