- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Deals & Promotions
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Neck Size▼▲
- Robe Size▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2009
When author and counselor H. Norman Wright's beloved wife, Joyce, passed away, he grieved the loss of his partner and the life they shared. Even in his state of sorrow, he knew he had to find a way to live without Joyce, to forge a hopeful path, and to move forward in God's grace and strength.
With vulnerability and emotional insight, Norm shares from his deeply personal journey and illuminates the way back to living when someone you love is gone. Readers who have lost their spouse will discover support and guidance as they
- work through anger, including anger at God, to ease toward God's peace
- move away from denial and what ifs to move forward
- allow memories to provide comfort without getting stuck in the past
- create a healthy new, daily routine to care for themselves
- turn their new identity and life over to God's leading and mercy
This tender and inspirational book will help any reader who is grieving or who is walking alongside a grieving friend.
Dinah5 Stars Out Of 5Was A ComfortJanuary 22, 2017DinahQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0Someone gave me a book about grieving someone you lost. But it was general and it is hard to parallel the loss of a child and the loss of a spouse. After 46 years of marriage I lost my beloved. While I didn't click with the first book, I saw how helpful a book would be so I purchased this one. It was what I needed. It was practical and encouraged journaling and writing my emotions. I can't say I looked forward to doing it but the grief would build under the surface as I moved through my busy days and I knew I needed to let it out. I would pick up the book and do a chapter, cry, write and generally walk away feeling better. Have given a few away to others who lost spouses.
Lindseybeth4 Stars Out Of 5September 1, 2012LindseybethThe front cover of the book was bent. Good quality reading but disappointed with the condition of the book.
catloverFORT WORTH, TXAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5This book is spot on.June 5, 2012catloverFORT WORTH, TXAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I gave this book to my brother-in-law (he is in his late 60's) who just lost his wife (my sister. They were married for 40+ years. They had no children and he has very little family. I thought it might help to know that what he was feeling was similar to others. He appreciated the book and said the book was "spot on."
Murrell P Thompson5 Stars Out Of 5August 12, 2010Murrell P ThompsonOutside of my faith and trust in God, this book has been an excellent resource for me. I had cared for my husband with end stage renal kidney failure for several year and then lost him in December, 2008. I was dealing with post traumatic stress. This book helped me to clearly understand the emotions I experienced. I plan to give copies to others going through grief. This author was on point!
William Johnson5 Stars Out Of 5May 24, 2010William JohnsonExceptionally clear insight into unfamiliar territory that is obscured by the "fog" of emotions and urgency of handling all the necessary details. This is a good book to include with the first meal handed to the grieving spouse. They may not feel much like eating, but the insights in the book will be consumed.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Death
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Death/Dying
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Grieving
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues