Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 32
Vendor: Fishpond Kids
Publication Date: 2017
|Dimensions: 11.1 X 8.7 X 0.3 (inches)|
Author: Karen H. Monteith
Located in: Sylva, North Carolin
Submitted: April 24, 2018
Tell us a little about yourself. In 2009, I began writing children's stories as a hobby. In 2014, I started writing stories about a lovable, little raccoon named Redrick who is always eager to help his friends. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays, so writing REDRICK RACCOON AND THE CHRISTMAS MYSTERY seemed a natural step for me to take. I hope that you will enjoy reading about Redrick Raccoon and the other lovable characters of Berry Hollow, as much as I enjoyed writing about them. May they warm your heart and become a part of your Christmas holiday tradition for many years to come.
What was your motivation behind this project? I think a dear family friend said it best! "In her storytelling, Karen H. Monteith reveals her upbringing in the richly natural world of the North Carolina mountains. Her love for and knowledge of our diverse animals comes through in her delightful characters. I hope her readers enjoy this gentle tale of friendship and promises kept as much as I did." Janice Wright, MA, School Psychologist, Retired
What do you hope folks will gain from this project? REDRICK RACCOON AND THE CHRISTMAS MYSTERY is a high-spirited and beautifully illustrated childrens book that will engage the imagination of young readers. The close friendships and warm dialog are entertaining and heartwarming.
How were you personally impacted by working on this project? To see a lovely story come to life before your eyes is an amazing feeling! Christopher Padgett is a gifted and talented illustrator and so easy to work with. Deep Rivers Books also made everything easy. Their team of professionals walked me through every step of the project. The result is a beautiful story that that will capture the hearts of children of all ages.
Anything else you'd like readers / listeners to know: I enjoyed reading from an early age. As a child I expected to learn to read on the first day of school―and was distraught when I didnt master it instantly. When I became ill later that year, I was confined to bed for many months. It was during this time that books became my constant companions, with Grimms Fairy Tales being among my favorites.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Animals
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Seasonal
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Seasonal >> Picture Books
- Christmas >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books
- Christmas >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Seasonal
- Christmas >> Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books
- Christmas >> Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Seasonal
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Animals
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Seasonal
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Seasonal >> Picture Books