- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Tom Davis is an author, consultant, and the president of Children's HopeChest (www.hopechest.org) a Christian-based child advocacy organization helping orphans in Eastern Europe and Africa. His first book, the self-published Fields of the Fatherless has sold over 60,000 copies. Tom holds a Business and Pastoral Ministry degree from Dallas Baptist University and a Master's Degree in Theology from Criswell College.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: David C. Cook
Publication Date: 2010
Matthew 25:42-43 ESV
In many Bibles, Christs words are set apart with a red font. It should be obvious, but this distinction helps remind us that when God becomes Man and that Man speaksits probably something we cannot afford to miss.
So why doesnt the church take these "red letters" to heart? Why arent we doing more to be Christs hands and feet to the poor, the disenfranchised, the weary, the ill, the fatherless, the prisoners? Its all therein red letters. Why has the Church shirked its responsibilities, leaving the work to be done by governments, rock stars, and celebrities?
The Gospel wasnt only meant to be readit was meant to be lived. From the HIV crisis in Africa to a single abused and lonely child in Russia, the Church must seize the opportunity to serve with a radical, reckless abandon. Author Tom Davis offers both challenge and encouragement to get involved in an increasingly interconnected, desperate modern world.
Johanna Van Velsenrimbey ABAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5January 13, 2011Johanna Van Velsenrimbey ABAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book is a must read for anyone taking their faith seriously. it brings an awareness to what our mandate is in our Christian life. it is quite shocking to read that the enormous problems mainly in Africa are easily preventable if we wake up out of our slumber and do something about it. We are paralysed by fear to lose what we have so that we ignore their problems. Excellent read for teenagers and up .
Grady5 Stars Out Of 5October 18, 2008GradyThis book is powerful, beautiful, honest, and pretty blunt with subjects not always deemed important by "good Christians." The urgency and truth in this book are substancial. Please read!
Andrew Maynor5 Stars Out Of 5April 23, 2008Andrew MaynorI was deeply moved, encouraged, inspired and empowered by RED LETTERS. Just like Toms other book, Fields of the Fatherless, I am sure I will use RED LETTERS time and time again in my ministry to orphans. I enthusiastically recommend every Christian read this book and then give it to a friend to read. RED LETTERS will inspire and empower you to see Christ in others and, by living the words of Jesus, become His hands and feet to your neighbors, those suffering because of HIV/AIDS in Africa, the orphan, the widow, the stranger and those living right next door. Please purchase this book (by purchasing it you will feed and orphan for a month), read it, and live the words of Christ.
Patricia Chadwick5 Stars Out Of 5February 13, 2008Patricia ChadwickSocial concern is a hot topic these days. Fires seem to be burning in the hearts of men and women who are tired of injustice and who seek to make this world a better place. Author Tom Davis invites us to join him on his own journey of living life as Jesus would, reaching out to widows, orphans, and the poor. Davis reminds us that we are to be "doers" of the Word, not only hearers.This book is powerful. It's definitely not a "feel good" book, but after reading it you will be called to change for lifestyle...not only for your own benefit, but for the good of others.
Tracie Canter5 Stars Out Of 5October 2, 2007Tracie CanterThis is A MUST have book! Every word rings in my head! My heart has been changed...I will be buying many copies to give to friends.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Social Justice/Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development >> Equipping Volunteers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Resources
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development >> Equipping Volunteers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Ethics
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Ethics