Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: B&H Academic
Publication Date: 2011
In the light of the threats posed to Christianity by militant Islam, intolerant secularism, and widespread misinformation (The Da Vinci Code, the Jesus Seminar, etc.), the necessity of informed and articulate defense of the Christian faith today can hardly be contested. Reasons for Our Hope offers a sophisticated yet accessible guide to "destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and . . . taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:5). The book's 31 chapters are divided into four sections:
• Apologetics Methodologies and Systems - with chapters on worldviews, the tension between faith and reason, etc.
• Apologetics in Scripture and in History - a look at apologetics in the Old and New Testaments, early church, middle ages, the Reformation, Enlightenment, and today.
• Apologetic Problems - issues such as the value of philosophy, dealing with skepticism, the problem of evil, miracles, the Resurrection, etc.
• How to Use Apologetics in Engaging the World - how to engage the Cultist, Secularist, Postmodernist, Muslim, and Eastern Mystic.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship