- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: B&H Academic
Publication Date: 2008
In all, it contains key information concerning the theology, origins, conflicts, denominational organization, and historical events of early English Baptists, American Colonial Baptists, Southern Baptists, American Baptists, the Baptist Missionary Association, European Baptists, Baptist Bible Fellowship, the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, and much more. The book also profiles influential pastors, theologians, missionaries, and Baptist leaders.
From the Author▼▲
The writings of important Baptists such as John Smyth, Thomas Helwys, Roger Williams, Isaac Backus, George Lisle, Richard Furman, George W. Truett, Elias C. Morris, John Clifford, Charles Haddon Spurgeon, Lottie Moon, and many other documents from prominent Baptists have been included so that readers may arrive at their own conclusions as to the intention of the writers. Important documents recounting leading events in Baptist history such as the birth of the Triennial Convention, Southern Baptist Convention, and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship are also included. This book includes many of the problems that have encompassed Baptist life such as slavery, various schisms, and doctrinal differences.
Important documents relating to such groups as the American Baptists, Russian Baptists, Baptist Missionary Association, Fundamentalist Baptists, Southern Baptists, Cooperative Fellowship Baptists, Black Baptists, British Baptists and Landmark Baptists are included in this book. Thus, the book could form the basic research document for many students that involve the broad spectrum of Baptist history. The manuscript could be used in church training classes or for personal study. This book is a valuable resource for anyone who wants to know more about the broad group of Christians who call themselves Baptist.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Baptistic Traditions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Baptist Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Baptistic Traditions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions