- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
Readers of Paul today are more than ever aware of the importance of interpreting Pauls letters in their Jewish context. In Reading Romans in Context a team of Pauline scholars go beyond a general introduction that surveys historical events and theological themes and explore Pauls letter to the Romans in light of Second Temple Jewish literature.
In this non-technical collection of short essays, beginning and intermediate students are given a chance to see firsthand what makes Paul a distinctive thinker in relation to his Jewish contemporaries. Following the narrative progression of Romans, each chapter pairs a major unit of the letter with one or more thematically related Jewish text, introduces and explores the theological nuances of the comparative text, and shows how these ideas illuminate our understanding of the book of Romans.
Ben C. Blackwell (PhD, University of Durham) is Assistant Professor of Christianity at Houston Baptist University and is a former research assistant for N. T. Wright and John Barclay. He is the author of Christosis: Pauline Soteriology in Light of Deification in Irenaeus and Cyril.
Jason Maston (PhD, University of Durham) is Lecturer in New Testament at Highland Theological College UHI (UK). He is the author of Divine and Human Agency in Second Temple Judaism and Paul: A Comparative Approach and contributor to and co-editor (with Michael F. Bird) of Earliest Christian History: History, Literature and Theology. Essays from the Tyndale Fellowship in Honor of Martin Hengel.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Pauline Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies