- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Christianity has a long tradition of intellectual examination of other faiths and its own beliefs. Socrates said that the unexamined life is not worth living; great Christian minds of all the ages have believed the unexamined faith is not worth believing. Reflective Christianity is Christian faith that has subjected itself to the rigorous questioning of Scripture, tradition, reason, and experience. It is mature Christian faith that goes on believing even as it questions what it believes. The goal of this book is not to destroy anyone's faith but to build it up by placing it on a firmer foundation of critical examination. Ten popular Christian cliches are subjected to critical inquiry and interrogated to discover whether they contain truth or are in error. In most cases the conclusion is both. The aim is not to tear down straw men but to demonstrate a path toward stronger, more mature Christian belief.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Roger E. Olson (PhD, Rice University) is professor of theology at George W. Truett Theological Seminary of Baylor University. He is the author of many books, including Questions to All Your Answers: The Journey from Folk Religion to Examined Faith, Reformed and Always Reforming: The Postconservative Approach to Evangelical Theology, and How to Be Evangelical without Being Conservative.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology
- eBooks >> Christian Living
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology >> Introduction to Christianity
- eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology >> Theology Introductions