- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2011
Douglas Jacoby, international teacher for more than 25 years and author of Compelling Evidence for God and the Bible, believes that pursuing answers about the Bible and God's truth is a healthy part of a thriving faith. In this encouraging book, he helps readers by tackling the questions they may be too timid or intimidated to ask others.
With vast biblical knowledge and godly insight, Jacoby presents concise, straightforward answers to intriguing questions, such as,
- What do we mean when we say the Bible is inspired?
- Can a person believe in both evolution and the Bible?
- Is the Bible chauvinistic?
- Did ancient humans really live for hundreds of years as mentioned in Genesis?
- How can we understand the Trinity?
This extensive, fascinating examination of the Bible is ideal for new Christians and longtime believers who desire a solid foundation from which to grow and share their faith.
This book is set up in a question-and-answer style. Each question is clearly stated, followed directly by the answer. It is helpful to have a Bible close at hand to reference the Scriptures that are cited next to each question. The book is organized chronologically, starting with general questions about the Bible and moving on to specific questions within each Testament, and then to questions about the individual books. In addition to this book, Jacoby is the author of Compelling Evidence for God and the Bible, as well as a Bible teacher and consultant. He has expert knowledge on the tough issues of the Bible and uses that knowledge to answer these probing questions.
Your Bible Questions Answered is an interesting look at many tough biblical passages and issues. Jacoby does not avoid the difficult inquiries, and his answers are logical and truthful. Some of the more troublesome thoughts deal with life after death, capital punishment, birth-control, evolution, and creationism. Jacoby also delves into the confusing symbols and numbers in the prophetic books, such as Isaiah and Revelation. The symbolism in Jesus' parables is addressed as well. Almost every answer quotes at least one Scripture passage to back up Jacoby's point. Along with Scripture, historical study and theology are used to answer the questions.
We read in 2 Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." Jacoby's book helps to provide a deeper understanding of the Scriptures so that, as Christians, we will be equipped for every good work. This book is a useful tool to use alongside the Bible in order to clear up some otherwise confusing issues. I would recommend this book as a supplement to use when in need of an external source to clarify a passage. Elizabeth de Graaf, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Reference
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Reference
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology