Putting Your Past Behind You: Finding Hope for Life's Deepest Hurts - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 1997
Alcoholism. Child Abuse. Divorce. Gluttony. Abortion. Homosexuality. Sexual Addictions. Is there a place to begin again? No one can go back to the starting line in the race of life. What's done, is done. But we are not tied to our past mistakes. By following God's instructions and allowing Him to salve our wounds, we can be freed from the weight of guilt, regret, and bitter heartache. In Putting Your Past Behind You, Dr. Lutzer explains what the Bible says about God's role in the process of separating hurting and discouraged people from their pasts. Come to understand that your trial, addiction, or injustice is not uncommon to man. You aren't facing your hurt alone. God is faithfully standing ready to help, and He almost always uses His people to share in His work of restoration and healing. Many others have struggled with the pain you are feeling. And many have traveled beyond the pain to become blessed servants of Christ. Others have put a past just like yours behind them; so can you.
DR. ERWIN LUTZER has served as senior pastor of the Moody Church in Chicago for over 30 years. A renowned theologian, Dr. Lutzer earned his BTh from Winnipeg Bible College, a ThM from Dallas Theological Seminary, a MA in philosophy from Loyola University, and an honorary LL.D. from the Simon Greenleaf School of Law. He is an award-winning author and the featured speaker on three radio programs that can be heard on more than 700 radio stations in the United States and around the world. Dr. Lutzer and his wife, Rebecca, live in the Chicago area and have three grown children and eight grandchildren.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
BflyAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Great bookJuly 15, 2012BflyAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Fantastic book that is candid about sin and God's grace. Definitely recommend to anyone struggling with disappointment or shame of the past.
LisaClarksville, TNAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5this book was very specificJune 17, 2012LisaClarksville, TNAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 3Value: 3Meets Expectations: 2When I ordered it I thought it would be something different. It was a very good book. I read it and I gave it to my friend. The book covered specific sins that we can get ourselves into when we are running from God. That was very good because unless we see it in writing it is hard to label our sins and get out of it.
Samuel Gaines4 Stars Out Of 5April 30, 2008Samuel GainesLutzer has such a gift for sharing God's Word on a level anyone can understand. I found this book to be helpful in a tough time in my own life and walk with my Lord Jesus, and bought this copy to share with a friend who's in the mist of struggles all her own. I am praying she'll find it just as helpful and encouraging.
Pastor Michael Gibney5 Stars Out Of 5August 20, 2007Pastor Michael GibneyThis a great book! As a pastor, I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants a book that deal with the past of people without all the psychobabble and excuse making of secular therapists. It does however use the best of both world's in a wise way. I find it something that the spirits probed my own heart with to deal with some hidden idols and pain. A great read!
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Abuse
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Divorce
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Recovery >> Abuse
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Recovery