- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: David C Cook
Publication Date: 2010
Its the most extravagantand audaciousinvitation ever sent: Or in the words of Jesus: "Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect." But can that really happen? Is holiness an achievable goal for sinful human beings? Thats the ultimate focus of this thoughtful, thorough, and engaging study of what it means to be holy. Drawing on the Bible and Christian thinkers through the ages, Simon Ponsonby affirms that because of Gods gracious love and desire for communion with us, he has done what is possible for us not only to pursue holiness, but to achieve it. While we can never count on attaining moral perfection in this life, we need not settle for less than increasing victory over sin. And as more and more Christians choose to partner with God in the ongoing process of sanctification, we set the stage for revival.
The pastor of theology at St. Aldates Church in Oxford, England, Simon Ponsonby is author of More, God Inside Out, and And the Lamb Wins. He holds two degrees in theology from Trinity College Bristol. A passionate evangelist and thoughtful theologian, Simon is married to Tiffany and they have two children.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Pursuing Holiness
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Pursuing Holiness
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality