Exploring love, temptation, fear and guilt from the Psalms How often do you get the tune of a mindless song stuck in your head? It’s one way that Christians can end up thinking and wanting things just like the world around us. So God has given us a collection of songs that can help us re-tune our hearts to what He thinks and wants instead. You may feel as if your soul is downcast or sick — troubled by worry, sin, suffering, fear or guilt. David, the Israelite king who wrote many of these songs, tells us that the Word of God revives the soul — it’s powerful stuff! And how to revive your soul is the theme of this selection. Mostly written by people rolling in trouble, they take us from the problems we face, and turn us back to God, the rock. In these psalms you will find medicine for your soul. Learn to fear God instead of others, to trust Him in difficult times and to sing a new song to the God who saves. Includes:
- Talkabout: discussion starters
- Investigate: inductive study questions
- Explore More: (optional) questions that connect the text with other parts of the Bible
- Apply sections
- Getting Personal: opportunities for each member
- Prayer: thanksgiving and requests based on the text studied.