Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Songs - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2016
Series: Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary
Many today find the Old Testament a closed book. The cultural issues seem insurmountable and we are easily baffled by that which seems obscure. Furthermore, without knowledge of the ancient culture we can easily impose our own culture on the text, potentially distorting it. This series invites you to enter the Old Testament with a company of guides, experts that will give new insights into these cherished writings. Features include • Over 2000 photographs, drawings, maps, diagrams and charts provide a visual feast that breathes fresh life into the text. • Passage-by-passage commentary presents archaeological findings, historical explanations, geographic insights, notes on manners and customs, and more. • Analysis into the literature of the ancient Near East will open your eyes to new depths of understanding both familiar and unfamiliar passages. • Written by an international team of 30 specialists, all top scholars in background studies.
John W. Hilber (Ph.D., Cambridge University) was an associate professor of Old Testament, Dallas Theological Seminary and is now teaching Old Testament exegesis courses at Grand Rapids Theological Seminary in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Tremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is the Robert H. Gundry Professor of Biblical Studies and the chair of the Religious Studies department at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California, where he lives with his wife, Alice. He is the Old Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and general editor for the Story of God Bible Commentary Old Testament and has authored many articles and books on the Psalms and other Old Testament books.
Duane Garrett (Ph.D., Baylor Univerity) is John R. Sampey Professor of Old Testament Interpretation at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
John H. Walton (PhD, Hebrew Union College) is professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College Graduate School. He is the author or coauthor of several books, including Chronological and Background Charts of the Old Testament; Ancient Israelite Literature in Its Cultural Context; Covenant: Gods Purpose, Gods Plan; The IVP Bible Background Commentary: Old Testament; and A Survey of the Old Testament.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Ecclesiastes
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Proverbs
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Psalms
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Ecclesiastes
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Proverbs
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Psalms
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Ecclesiastes
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Proverbs
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Psalms