Proverbs: Biblia Hebraica Quinta
Email me when this product is available.
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 160
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Publication Date: 2008
|Dimensions: 9.375 X 6.25 (inches)|
Series: Biblia Hebraica Quinta
Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS) Standard EditionGerman Bible Society / 2006 / Hardcover$59.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$89.95Save 33% ($29.96)
Biblia Hebraica Quinta: Ezra & NehemiahD. Marcos, A. Shenker, Y. Goldman & G.J. Norton, eds.Hendrickson Publishers / 2007 / Trade Paperback$79.99 Retail:
$109.95Save 27% ($29.96)
BHQ is the new (fifth) edition of the Biblia Hebraica. It is being published in parts (fascicles).
"For the scholar trained in text criticism. . . the approach of BHQ is an advantage as it places the text-critical judgments in the background, so that scholars canmore readily come to their own judgments. . . .BHQ is a text critics paradise. . . an outstanding textual resource for the next generation."
Dead Sea Discoveries
SOME FEATURES INCLUDE
• Diplomatic text of the Leningrad Codex, cited from new color photographs. As the oldest complete manuscript of the Hebrew Bible, it serves as the base text against which other witnesses are collated.
• Masorah magna and parva of the Leningrad Codex are included with the text.
• Layout of poetic texts corresponds as closely as possible to Masoretic accentuation.
• Indications of parallel texts are given on the page.
• A single apparatus is found at the foot of the page.
• Text critical cases are generated and noted in the apparatus when a pre-Tiberian witness arguably, but not necessarily witnesses a Hebrew text that differs from the Tiberian text.
• Two other Tiberian codices are collated for each book.
• Qumran and Judean Desert fragments are collated.
• All available pre-Tiberian witnesses for each textual case are noted.
• A general introduction presents the edition, characterizes the text and masorah of the base text, the particular use of resources, the relation of BHQ to BHS and previous editions etc.
Each book is also accompanied by a commentary.
Jan de Waard received his PhD from the University of Leiden in 1965. In addition to his career as a translation specialist of the United Bible Societies in Africa and Europe, he has been teaching Old Testament in the University of Strasbourg and is Professor Emeritus in the Free University of Amsterdam. He has published many books, including A Handbook on Isaiah and A Handbook on Jeremiah in the Textual Criticism and the Translator series (Eisenbrauns). He also was responsible for the publication of Ruth in the Biblia Hebraica Quinta: General Introduction and Megilloth fascicle (German Bible Society).
|Email me when this product is available.|
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Original Languages >> Hebrew >> Hebrew Texts
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Original Languages >> Hebrew >> OT Textual Criticism
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Textual Criticism >> OT Textual Criticism
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Original Languages >> Hebrew >> Hebrew Texts
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Original Languages >> Hebrew >> OT Textual Criticism
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Textual Criticism >> OT Textual Criticism