Prophets of Israel, The - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
According to Leon Wood, a continuity exists between Israel'searlier nonwriting prophets and its later prophets. Both must be studied to acquire a thorough understanding of Israelite prophecy. This assertion, for which the author of this study marshals considerable evidence, underlies the entire text of this significant volume. Instead of concentration upon the prophetic writings, the author focuses on the prophets themselves, both those who recorded their messages and those who did not. A study of the [prophets] themselves is most worthwhile, he writes, for when one sees them as people, in the day and circumstances in which they lived, he has a distinct advantage for understanding what they wrote.The book begins with an informative introduction to the Israelite prophets represented in the canon; the author then discusses the nonwriting prophets of both the premonarchy era (including Miriam, Deborah, and Samuel) and the monarchy period (including Gad, Nathan, Ahijah, Iddo, Shemaiah, Azariah, Hanani, Jehu, Jahaziel, Eliezer, Elijah, Micaiah, Zechariah, and Elisha).
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Academic
Publication Date: 1998
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
Shain1611http://finalauthority48270.yuku.com/directoryAge: Over 65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5June 17, 2011Shain1611http://finalauthority48270.yuku.com/directoryAge: Over 65Gender: maleIf you are looking for a true biblical picture on the prophets of the Bible and a way to connect the time lines this book and this author will help you do that. When you are studying any book of the bible, it is always a good idea to try and find out the history, times, and customs of that day in order to have a better understanding of the scriptures. This is not a technical book but written so a lay person can understand it. Yes, I would recommend this book to those who are seeking a deeper understanding of God's words. Amen and Amen_
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> OT Socio-Historical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies >> OT Socio-Historical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies