- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Some of the leading voices in evangelical Christianity reaffirm the importance of preaching biblical theology for the health of our churches.
Loving, teaching, and rightly dividing the Word of God is every pastor's privilege and responsibility. If a pastor understands what the Word says about God, man, and the curse, about Christ and his substitutionary atonement, and about the call to repentance and sacrifice, he will develop and preach a sound theology. And sound theology is, in the words of J. Ligon Duncan, essential to faithful pastoral ministry.
Proclaiming a theology that is centered on Christ's atonement is especially critical, for by this atonement, Christians have been brought from death to life, and by it a church lives or dies. In this penetrating sequel to Preaching the Cross, John Piper, R. C. Sproul, John MacArthur, and Thabiti Anyabwile join authors Mark Dever, Ligon Duncan, C. J. Mahaney, and Albert Mohler in exploring the church's need for faithful proclamation and calling pastors and churches to cross-centered, scripturally saturated thinking.
Mike5 Stars Out Of 5Proclaiming A Cross Centered TheologyJanuary 20, 2017MikeQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5We read this book in our monthly Christian Book Club and really liked it. There were nine different contributing Christian authors and each had something very relevant to say. Mark Dever had a especially poignant chapter on improving the Gospel as Pastors are want to do, and the dangers of worldly prosperity gospel. I felt that all of the writers had good points and I marked the book up with hilighters on just about every page.
mckennycoyAzAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Great price on great bookNovember 25, 2016mckennycoyAzAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I have not read the book yet but for the price could not go wrong sure it will meet my expectations .
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Practical Theology >> Preaching
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology