Add To Cart
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 192
Publication Date: 2001
|Dimensions: 9.08 X 6.02 X 0.57 (inches)|
- Analyzes the philosophical questions raised by the fact that many religions in the world often appear to contradict each other in doctrine and practice.
- Evaluates the fundamental philosophical underpinnings of the debates between religious and non-religious approaches to religious diversity.
- Contains a glossary that defines the book's key technical terms and how they are related to one another.
"Problems of Religious Diversity is a rare work – an introduction that not only accurately orients beginners, but draws them into the midst of current dialogue. Its bracing clarity has challenges for the expert as well as the novice. It should become a favored port of entry for those who want to think philosophically about the relations among religions." S. Mark Heim, Andover Newton Theological School
"A profound, challenging, and edifying appraisal of what it means to keep faith with integrity in a religiously plural world, Problems of Religious Diversity is indispensable for those who seek philosophical grounding for the dialogue with world religions." Carol Zaleski, Smith College
"A must read for both introductory students and seasoned scholars alike!" Amos Young, Religious Studies Review, Vol 27, October 2001
"Griffiths skilfully balances a general introductory perspective accessible to serious students with profound analysis that will appeal to professionals." Bernardo J. Cantens, Theological Studies, Vol. 63, June 2002
"Problems of Religious Diversity is a very helpful introduction to the cluster of questions arising from religious diversity in the West. Both those just becoming acquainted with the issues and those already quite familiar with the debates will benefit from careful study of Paul Griffith's clear and stimulating treatment of the subject." Journal of the Evangelical Philosophic Society, February 2003
Find Related Products▼▲
- Academic >> Philosophy >> Philosophy & Theology
- Academic >> Philosophy >> Philosophy of Religion
- Academic >> Theology >> Philosophy & Theology >> Philosophy of Religion
- Books >> Philosophy >> Philosophy & Theology
- Books >> Philosophy >> Philosophy of Religion
- Books >> Theology >> Philosophy & Theology >> Philosophy of Religion