Add To Cart
Prentice Hall: The Reader's Journey 7th Grade Homeschool Bundle
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The textbook includes bolded terms, excerpts to use for reading comprehension and analytic exercises, defined vocabulary words, sidebars, and various charts to help students easily understand the concepts being taught.
Grade 7 unit selections focus on the questions of: "what is the best way to find the truth?," "Does every conflict have a winner?," "What Should we Learn?," "What is the best way to communicate?," "Do others see us more clearly than we see ourselves?," and "Community or Individual: which is more important?"
The Teacher's Organizer contains everything required to choose the right novel for the class, lesson plans, notes on differentiating instruction, and more. Teachers may choose the anchor book from a list offered for each genre.
An overview guide is provided, as well as one teacher's organizer book for each unit. Each teacher unit book includes a unit plan; student workbook pages with the correct answers overlaid; lessons with objectives, materials-needed, and page numbers for supporting materials; questions to activate prior knowledge; teaching instructions with semi-scripted Q-and-A; assessment and follow-up ideas; and differentiated instruction for struggling, advanced, and ELL students. Standardized test practice answers are also included.
The overview book provides a thorough introduction to the entire program, program table of contents, informative articles on building vocabulary and other relevant topics, a unit-by-unit "skills navigator," and a skills index.
All teacher organizer books are three-hole-punched and come in a three-ring-binder. None of the reading books are included.
This Grade 7 kit includes:
- Textbook, 552 pages, softcover
- Teacher's Organizer binder with teacher organizer and 6 unit books
- Homeschool Parent's Guide Pamphlet
Suggested Anchor Book Lists:
- The Outsiders
- The Glory Field
- Rosa Parks: My Story
- The Lottery Rose
- Journey of the Sparrows
- Discoveries Reader: Working it Out
- Let the Circle be Unbroken
- Between Madison and Palmetto
- Fast Sam, Cool Clyde, and Stuff
- A Step from Heaven
- Discoveries Reader: Finding our Place in the World
- Zlata's Diary
- They Led the Way: 14 American Women
- Who Moved my Cheese?
- Promises to Keep: How Jackie Robinson Changed America
- Farewell to Manzanar
- Discoveries Reader: Pushing the Boundaries
- Someone is Hiding on Alcatraz Island
- Touching Spirit Bear
- Eyes on the Prize: America's Civil Rights Years 1954-1965
- Crazy Loco
- Restless Spirit: The Life and Work of Dorothea Lange
- Discoveries Reader: With our Eyes Wide Open
- The Yellow Boat
- Novio Boy
- Lost in Yonkers
- Flowers for Algernon
- Our Town
- Discoveries Reader: Path to the Present
- Micro Monsters: Life Under the Microscope
- Dr. Jenner and the Speckled Monster: The Search for the Smallpox Vaccine
- DK Biographies: Gandhi
- Portraits of African-American Heroes
- Kid Who Invented the Popsicle and Other Extraordinary Stories Behind Everyday Things
- Sea Otter Rescue: The Aftermath of an Oil Spill
Vendor: Pearson Learning
|Publication Date: 2009|
Prentice Hall: The Reader's Journey Grade 7 Student WorkbookHarvey Daniels, Grant WigginsPearson Learning / 2011 / Trade Paperback$40.99