- Grade Level▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Preaching Magazine has honored Preaching: the Art of Narrative Exposition as the 2007 Book of Year.
Dr. Calvin Miller is Professor of Preaching and Pastoral Ministry at Beeson Divinity School, Birmingham, AL. He has written over forty books.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Books
Publication Date: 2010
Cheri CowellGender: female5 Stars Out Of 5For speakers and teachers, too.August 16, 2012Cheri CowellGender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5As a conference speaker who also handles God's Word, I was excited to read Calvin Miller's book. Although written for pastors who preach from the pulpit, I found this book affirming and challenging. As a speaker and not a preacher, I think I'm already not bound by some of the issues Miller addresses such as preconceived ideas of what makes a good sermon. I think a good conference speaker is expected to be a good storyteller, but what I found the most instructive and challenging was what I'd hoped to find...guidance on handling the Word of God. So if you are a speaker or teacher of the Word, I highly recommend this book. Sharing God's story is nothing to take lightly.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation >> Narrative Preaching
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation >> Narrative Preaching