Add To Cart
Preaching Christ from Genesis: Foundations for Expository Sermons
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
|Title: Preaching Christ from Genesis: Foundations for Expository Sermons|
By: Sidney Greidanus
Number of Pages: 528
Vendor: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
Publication Date: 2007
|Dimensions: 9.25 X 6.25 (inches)|
Weight: 1 pound 12 ounces
Stock No: WW825865
Sidney GreidanusWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 1999 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$24.995 out of 5 stars for Preaching Christ From the Old Testament. View reviews of this product. 2 Reviews
Retail Price$34.00Save 26% ($9.01)
Vern S. PoythressP & R Publishing / 1995 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$22.99
Retail Price$27.99Save 18% ($5.00)
Allen P. RossBaker Books / 1997 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$44.995 out of 5 stars for Creation and Blessing: A Guide to the Study and Exposition of Genesis. View reviews of this product. 4 Reviews
Retail Price$50.00Save 10% ($5.01)
Dennis E. JohnsonP & R Publishing / 2007 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$19.995 out of 5 stars for Him We Proclaim: Preaching Christ from All the Scriptures. View reviews of this product. 1 Reviews
Retail Price$24.99Save 20% ($5.00)
Packed with unique features, Preaching Christ from Genesis
- uses the latest scholarly research to analyze twenty-three Genesis narratives
- presents the rhetorical structures and other literary features of each narrative
- discloses the message for Israel (theme) as well as the author's likely purpose (goal)
- explores various ways of preaching Christ from each narrative
- offers sermon exposition and commentary in oral style
- suggests relevant sermon forms, introductions, and applications
Including helpful appendixes -- "Ten Steps from Text to Sermon," "An Expository Sermon Model," and three of the author's own Genesis sermons -- this volume will be an invaluable resource for preachers and Bible teachers.
Fuller Theological Seminary
"Sidney Greidanus has been one of the most gifted advocates of 'redemptive historical' preaching, and in this book he provides yet another important resource for bringing that perspective to bear on the life and mission of the church. In a time when there is much confusion about what it means to preach in fidelity to the Scriptures, we very much need the lessons that he offers us here."
Covenant Theological Seminary
"In his earliest work more than three decades ago, Sidney Greidanus helped revolutionize evangelical homiletics by demonstrating how Genesis 3:15 discloses the theme for all preaching in the Bible's earliest pages. . . Now in a culminating work of his career, Greidanus shows not only how Genesis 3:15 sets the theme of Scripture but also how the entire book of Genesis structures God's agenda and our understanding of Christ's redeeming work. This is a master stroke from one of the seminal thinkers and writers in homiletics."
Calvin Theological Journal
"A book for every preacher's library. Not only will it help you preach many Christ-centered sermons on Genesis, but also its repetition of fundamental insights and skills will help you develop homiletical muscle memory that will hopefully transform you from workman to an artisan, from a duffer to a Tiger."
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> Christ in the OT
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> Pentateuch >> Genesis
- Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership
- Church & Supplies >> Ministries >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Resources
- Church & Supplies >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation >> Preaching from the OT
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.