- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2013
Jason C. Meyer (PhD, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is pastor for preaching and vision at Bethlehem Baptist Church and associate professor of New Testament at Bethlehem College and Seminary. Prior to coming to Bethlehem, he served as dean of chapel and assistant professor of Christian Studies at Louisiana College.
President Emeritus, Covenant Theological Seminary
My friend Jason Meyer has a firm grasp not only on the theology of preaching, but also on the theology we're called to preach. He is gripped by the Christ-centered plotline of the Bible and understands something that desperately needs to be recovered in our day if the church is ever going to experience the kind of reformation many of us long for: the preacher is not called to say many different things - but rather the same thing over and over, in many different ways, from every different text.
Pastor, Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Jason Meyer's work cuts a new swath in the plethora of books on preaching. Meyer grounds his view of preaching in biblical theology, showing that the proclamation of Gods Word fits within the story line of Scripture. The reader will find wisdom on a multitude of other topics, such as the nature of expository preaching and the role topical preaching should play in the pulpit. The book breathes out a passion for God and a joy in Jesus Christ, so that the weight and gladness of preaching pulsate throughout the work.
-Thomas R. Schreiner,
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
Here Jason Meyer takes us on a sure-footed journey through the whole of Scripture, from Genesis to Revelation, unfolding for us what the entire Bible reveals about preaching. The result is a luminous, deeply grounded biblical theology for the ministry of the Word, and a winsome, compelling apologetic for expository preaching! Preaching: A Biblical Theology is a very important book that will be read and discussed by serious-minded Christians far and wide.
-R. Kent Hughes,
Senior Pastor Emeritus, College Church, Wheaton, Illinois
Going . . . going . . . gone. Jason Meyer hits it out of the park.
-C. J. Mahaney,
Senior Pastor, Sovereign Grace Church of Louisville, Louisville
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> New Testament Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> Old Testament Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Biblical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching