of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
John T JefferyScranton, PAAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Barackman's work is still a valuable resourceJune 24, 2013John T JefferyScranton, PAAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I searched long and hard for an acceptable systematic theology resource for our local church Bible Institute. I have purchased and greatly utilized a large number of systematics and dogmatics over 39 years. I settled on Barackman for the following reasons:
1) acceptable doctrinal position (moderate Calvinism, dispensational premillennialism),
3) reasonable price,
4) practical nature of the work, and, last but not least,
5) Barackman's gift for independent thought and creative/provocative treatment of the subject matter.
The excitement of the adult students who have been exposed to this work in two local churches is proof positive that this was a wise choice! We are ordering more copies on a monthly basis lately!
Some other major beneficial features of this volume follow.
1. Even where one might disagree with Barackman, it must be acknowledged that he is fair to the positions he opposes, and helpful in understanding the various issues involved.
2. His unique treatments of certain areas of doctrine are admirable.
3. The multitude of study questions at the end of the chapters are extremely useful.
4. The extensive footnotes should not be ignored as much valuable material is contained in them.
5. At the end of the work are 26 Appendixes and 11 Addenda on a vast array of theological subjects that provide collateral readings while working through the book.
He was beloved as a professor by his students, and those he ministered to in local churches while on this earth, and is still beloved for his published legacy. That this work went through 4 editions since its first printing in 1981, and remains in print as of last year (5 years after Barackman's homegoing) is an indication of its "fan base". I highly recommend this valuable resource.
Page 1 of 1