The Power of Preaching: Crafting a Creative Expository SermonTony EvansMoody Publishers / 2019 / Hardcover$9.79 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$12.99Save 25% ($3.20)
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
Peter TreadwellIndianapolis INAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5a relevant yet simple profound example.March 28, 2019Peter TreadwellIndianapolis INAge: 45-54Gender: maleAs usual Dr. Evans makes a powerful truth as critical expository preaching simple but seriously laid out for any one called of God to grasp and delight in.
MichaelIndian Trail, NCAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5The Power Of PreachingMarch 17, 2019MichaelIndian Trail, NCAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5"The Power Of Preaching" by Tony Evans is a compact, short, and very good read on the essentials of preaching. Around 130 pages, the book addresses many issues on the topic, including:
1. Definition of exegetical and the difference between preaching and teaching.
2. Before preaching to others, preach and study for yourself first.
3. The importance of preaching through books of the Bible.
4. Questions to ask yourself when studying biblical text.
5. 6 categories of biblical literature.
6. Factors in effective sermon delivery.
7. Suggestions for developing a preaching calendar and the advantages of having one.
8. How to create a sermon.
Full of excellent insights, small size (easy to carry around), and very readable, this title is very helpful for anyone preacher, teacher, or speaker. Will read again. I was given a review copy by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review and appreciate the opportunity.
Page 1 of 1