The Power Basics ® curriculum, designed for middle and high school students, features essential textbook content, in an updated, easy-to-use format. With increased emphasis on the No Child Left Behind Act and the pressure to meet the standards, Power Basics® offers students traditional textbook content in an accessible format. Power Basics® is organized into manageable instructional units that build proficiency and mastery in the core curriculum areas: English/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
What you'll learn in this book:
- Explains the parts of speech and the job of each word in a sentence
- Improves comprehension and writing skills through sentence analysis
- Helps students recognize and use correct grammar
- Presents grammar in easy-to-follow, manageable units
- Boosts skills in the mechanics of writing
The student text focuses on one concept at a time, illustrates concepts with concrete models and examples, and provides ample practice to achieve proficiency and mastery. 166 pages, softcover.