Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
- They will meet:
- Jake DeShazer, who was a prisoner of the Japanese during World War II. He was tortured and kept in solitary confinement for many months, but when a Bible came into his hands he became a Christian and later went to Japan to share the gospel with his former enemies.
- Nate Saint, the missionary pilot who, with Jim Elliott and three other men sacrificed his life to bring the gospel to the Auca Indians of South America.
- Booker T. Washington, a formerly enslaved man who rose to become the leader of his people and built a college from nothing to give ex-slaves and their children a chance to elevate themselves as he had.
- And forty-two more inspirational heroes of history!
Perfect for family devotions or as a part of a character curriculum, Portraits of Integrity will inspire young people with the examples of people who dared and did great deeds. 344 pages, hardcover.
Number of Pages: 344
Vendor: Learning Parent
|Publication Date: 2012|
Elaine5 Stars Out Of 5July 8, 2013ElaineQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This is an excellent book. Each chapter describes a particular character quality and a story taken from history of a life that demonstrates this quality. I loved reading these "real" stories of our nation's history. In most cases, our children today are not being taught about these men and women who were willing to sacrifice to accomplish the founding and the freedoms of our nation. I found each story was interesting and held my attention. What a wonderful way to teach our children and grandchildren the truths of character displayed in these individuals' lives. It is well written, as are all of the Boyer's books. I found it easy to read as well as informational. I can recommend it highly as a resource for all ages...from children to adults.
JackandJillOhioAge: 45-54Gender: female2 Stars Out Of 5Typographical errorsFebruary 2, 2013JackandJillOhioAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 2Value: 2Meets Expectations: 2We were a bit disappointed by the typographical errors (missing words specifically) in this book considering the cost.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books >> Biography >> Biographical Portraits
- Books >> Church History
- Homeschool >> Electives >> Character & Social Skills >> Character
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Bible Resources & Curriculum >> Bible Subjects >> Church History
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Publishers
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Supplements
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Biography
Here at Christianbook.com, we offer thousands of quality curriculums, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call 1-800-788-1221.