Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Our Sunday Visitor
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 8.5 X 5.5 (inches)|
Heroic Living: Discover Your Purpose and Change the WorldChris LowneyLoyola Press / 2010 / Trade Paperback$13.46 Retail:
$14.95Save 10% ($1.49)
Life Pope Francis: The Vicar of Christ, from Saint Peter to TodayThe Editors of LifeLife / 2013 / Hardcover$16.16 Retail:
$17.95Save 10% ($1.79)
From the Publisher▼▲
"Make me an instrument of your peace." St. Francis of Assisi
When the curtains were drawn and our new Holy Father stepped out into view of the 150,000 people waiting in St. Peter's Square, it was a humble and gentle man from Argentina who greeted them, not in triumph, but with a gentle wave.
He's a pope of "firsts" - the first Jesuit pope, the first pope from the Americas, and the first to choose the name of Italy's most famous saint.
- He is the son of an immigrant railway worker, and sibling of four.
- He was an active, social young man who trained to be a chemist before pursuing a religious vocation.
- He is a Jesuit priest and beloved spiritual director who even as archbishop of Buenos Aires was referred to as Father Jorge.
- He is an outspoken leader who experienced firsthand the challenges of a society ravaged by war, economic despair and cultural unrest.
Pope Francis is still new to us, but in this biography you will get to know the man who became pope: A street priest at heart with a deep love for people and a pastor's touch. He teaches in word and deed the truths of the Church and God's merciful love.
Get inside access to the entire history-making event, from the startling resignation of Pope Benedict through the gathering of Cardinals for the Conclave and the installation of this Pope of the people.
Examine Pope Francis the man - his background, his ideas, his mission, and his challenges and opportunities as our new pope - including 16 pages of full color photos from Pope Francis' past and present.
"I want to ask you to walk together, and take care of one another We need to see the light of hope and to be men and women who bring hope to others." Pope Francis
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Papacy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Biblical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Catholic
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Biography
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction