Add To Cart
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 176
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 2009
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
John Calvin and His Passion for the Majesty of GodJohn PiperCrossway / 2008 / Trade Paperback$5.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$7.99Save 25% ($2.00)
In this exploration of John Calvin's political thought, Roland Boer treats Calvin as a biblical scholar and political philosopher, showing us elusive aspects of Calvin's Institutes. Boer investigates Calvin's careful thinking in the Institutes as well as in his biblical commentaries, pursuing Calvin's understanding of political freedom.
Boer also explores Calvin's views on grace with the eye of a careful interpreter, and suggests what we might find in Calvin's political thought if we took the Bible, grace, and freedom as seriously as Calvin did.
Pastor47Johnson City, TNAge: 55-65Gender: male1 Stars Out Of 5Not worth it!August 15, 2012Pastor47Johnson City, TNAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 1Value: 1Meets Expectations: 1In a nutshell, the writer imagines what it would have been like to sleep with one of the reformers. Hard to believe this book got published.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Public Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Political Thought
- Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Calvin
- Books >> Theology >> General Theology >> Public Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Political Thought
- Books >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Calvin