- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Multnomah Books
Publication Date: 2011
God wants to put a face on giving--and the face he has in mind is not yours, but his.
What if you could take something out of your pocket today that would make God wonderfully personal and absolutely real to someone who, only minutes earlier, had been secretly calling out to God for help, for an answer, for any shred of evidence that He cares?
Discover the incredible resource thats small enough to fit in your wallet or purse, yet big enough to change someones life--starting with yours. In The God Pocket, Bruce Wilkinson tells you what that little something is, explains how to deliver Gods provision to someone in need, and shares how God is ready to reveal Himself through you.
The God Pocket Prayer
Today I ask to be sent to show Your love and deliver Your funds to the person You choose. I carry Your provision in my God Pocket, and I am ready and willing. I am Your servant, Lord. Whenever You nudge me, I will respond! Here am I please send me!
David Kopp has collaborated with Bruce Wilkinson on more than a dozen best-selling books, including The Prayer of Jabez. He is an editor and writer living in New York City.
BONDing over BOOKS4 Stars Out Of 5January 16, 2014BONDing over BOOKSQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4The God Pocket by Bruce Wilkerson is a book about random acts of kindness, one way that you can "be your brother's keeper." The twist is God "chooses" the person(s) that you are to give the money to (you have no say in the matter - all you need to be is obedient).
I seem to be drawn these days to books that make me think deeper, reach deeper, leave me reflective and help me leave one more footprint on my journey than ever before. After reading The God Pocket, I started thinking what would happen if I had a God pocket?
A God Pocket is money that you would carry in a wallet, coin purse, envelope with the specific intent of helping a complete stranger out of a financial bind.
Poignant Pearl of Wisdom:
"God wants to put a face on giving - and the face He has in mind is not yours or mine but His."
Reprinted with permission from Multnomah Publishers, a division of RandomHouse Publishers.
EenyColorado Springs, COAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Sharing God's resources with othersAugust 24, 2012EenyColorado Springs, COAge: 55-65Gender: femaleI have been in situations when my deep needs didn't match my lean resources. Of course, I called out to God for His help and He answered that call. However, He did it through people. This book helps the reader see the joy and fulfillment that one can experience when asking God to allow them to be His partner in being Jesus' hands and feet to others. It is exciting and inspirational. I couldn't put it down!
angelAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5March 16, 2012angelAge: 55-65Gender: femaleWonderful, I would recommend that everyone read this book and hopefully be excited about sharing this idea.
JaniceVirginiaAge: 45-54Gender: female2 Stars Out Of 5Too Much Emphasis on Money, Both Here & In HeavenJanuary 31, 2012JaniceVirginiaAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 1Value: 1Meets Expectations: 1Good points:
(1) Mr. Wilkinson is encouraging Christians to think of others and to be generous givers.
(2) In an interview in which he discussed his book with Dr. James Dobson on 1/31/12 on Family Talk, Mr. Wilkinson said Christians should look forward to being rewarded at the Judgment Seat of Christ and live their lives accordingly.
(1) The type of giving Mr. Wilkinson encourages is based on a feeling, a "nudge," to give to someone, many times a complete stranger. This does not seem to be the wisest way to give.
(2) The reward Mr. Wilkinson says the charitable Christian will receive at the Judgment Seat of Christ is money. He says that as we give, money is added to our heavenly bank account and awaits us in heaven. [He doesn't make this as clear in his book as he does in his interview with Dr. Dobson on Family Talk.]
(3) There is more concern for giving money to others than sharing the gospel with them.
Conclusion: Don't judge a book by it's cover. This is an adorable little book with a catchy title, but it places too much emphasis on the importance of money, both here and in heaven.
angelfuzOhioAge: Under 18Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5Intimacy with GodNovember 16, 2011angelfuzOhioAge: Under 18Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4Theme Verse of the BookÃÂ 1 Timothy 6:18 "Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share." (KJV)
Encouraging Verse Psalm 27:8 "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him." (NIV)
Imagine if you could share the loving touch and presence of God with a complete stranger, and in the process both your lives would be changed forever! Ministering to a stranger might seem like a scary prospect to you, but if you want to seek His face and want to find his true heart, then the "God Pocket" is for you! This book was definitely a soul-searcher for me. Even now, as I write this review, I realize that one of my struggles is submission to God's will. Psalm 28:7 is a reminder for all of us (including myself) that if we follow His will in all we do, we will receive perfect joy that can only come from God! Even though I had to do someÃÂ soul-searching, I enjoyed theÃÂ book overall. It was a quick read, (122 pages) he laid the concept out clearly, and even included some of his own exciting real-life experiences! The "God Pocket" tool is applicable to people of all ages and lifestyles. It is designed for anyone who wants to experience the Lord on a new level of intimacy. Like a quote from the book states "The God Pocket tool is like a mysterious doorway into an almost limitless life of joy in His service."ÃÂ Are you ready to walk through?
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational