It's never a good idea to be overly–relient on technology while traveling! Look up words quickly and easily with this great little Chinese dictionary.
Intended for use by students, tourists, and business people traveling to China Pocket Mandarin Chinese Dictionary
is an essential tool for communication and a great way to learn Chinese. It features all the essential Chinese vocabulary appropriate for beginning to intermediate students. It's handy pocket format and easy-to read type will make any future trip to China much easier. In addition to being an excellent English to Mandarin dictionary and Mandarin to English dictionary Pocket Mandarin Chinese Dictionary
contains important notes on the Chinese language, Chinese grammar, and proper Mandarin pronunciation. All entries are written in the Romanized form (hanyu pinyin
) as well as Chinese characters (hanzi
) so that in the case of difficulties the book can simply be shown to the person the user is trying to communicate with.
This dictionary contains:
- The 3,000 most commonly used words in the Mandarin Chinese language.
- Mandarin–English and English–Mandarin sections.
- Romanized Chinese (hanyu pinyin) and Chinese characters (hanzi).
- An introduction to and history of the Chinese language.
- Information on Chinese grammar.
- A guide to pronouncing Chinese correctly.
Other books from this bestselling series you might enjoy include: Pocket Cantonese Dictionary, Pocket Japanese Dictionary, Pocket Korean Dictionary,
and Pocket Vietnamese Dictionary.